Expression of Interest: One Business Indigenous Small Business Facilitators
Iscariot Media is looking for Indigenous people and/or businesses to join the One Business training team as Indigenous facilitators.
About One Business
The One Business Program is a Queensland-wide program to help Indigenous start-ups, innovators and entrepreneurs to develop and grow their ideas and businesses.
Delivered in partnership with TAFE Queensland and Advance Queensland’s Deadly Innovation Strategy, One Business commits to not only developing the next generation of Indigenous start-ups, innovators and entrepreneurs, but also the next generation of Indigenous business trainers and advisors across Queensland.
Each One Business delivery will consist of:
- eight face-to-face* foundation workshops
- six face-to-face* digital workshops
- a general health check and digital health
- one-on-one support for select businesses
- a regional small business Expo* including the opportunity for One Business participating businesses to pitch to attendees.
In addition, there will be a Queensland-wide program that includes:
- online workshops delivering specialised content
- a Facebook group providing networking and alumni support.
One Business will use Indigenous business trainers (the One Business Indigenous facilitators) to deliver the One Business program in five regional locations across Queensland in 2021.
Who is managing One Business?
Following an open tender process, the One Business Program has been awarded to Queensland Indigenous business Iscariot Media to be delivered in partnership with TAFE Queensland.
Iscariot Media will develop the One Business delivery material, will train and support the development of the One Business Indigenous facilitator team and manage the overall delivery of the One Business Program in 2021.
Iscariot Media is looking to engage up to ten Indigenous trainers for the roles of Indigenous facilitators to deliver the One Business Program in 2021.
About the role
One Business Indigenous facilitators will be contracted to Iscariot Media to deliver one or more of the five regional One Business deliveries in 2021. The selected facilitators will be involved in delivering:
- eight face-to-face foundation workshops
- six face-to-face digital workshops
- the general health check and digital health check – including providing feedback to participants
- pitch training – supporting businesses as they develop pitches for the regional business Expo on their products and services
- providing feedback and reports on the progress of program delivery and the participating businesses
- actively participating in the Facebook group providing information, networking opportunities and general advice and support for the alumni
- associated administrative tasks around the delivery of the workshops, preparation and delivery of the regional business Expo and mentoring program
As part of the delivery of the Program, the facilitators will also build trusting relationships with the participants to enable the open sharing of advice, knowledge and experiences to improve the participants’ skills and knowledge, and provide networking opportunities for the businesses.
The One Business Indigenous facilitator team will meet regularly (online) for ongoing training, to provide feedback and work through any issues.
It is anticipated that One Business Indigenous facilitator will deliver workshops in pairs.
One Business Facilitator Training (Cairns, 2020)
As part of this process the facilitators will be fully trained in the program content and of the material that will be presented and forms that will be used to deliver the program. The training will also focus on developing the Indigenous facilitators’ skills as small business trainers and advisors including managing participants.
The One Business Indigenous facilitator training will take place from –
- Sunday 22 November to Friday 27 November
- Sunday 29 November to Friday 4 December inclusive
Attendance at the facilitator training is essential.
All transport (within Queensland) and accommodation will be covered, and a weekly meal allowance will be provided. A small training allowance will also be paid.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a combination of skills and experience as well as personal characteristics and approach.
- You must be computer literate, and have a strong understanding of office suites (Microsoft or GSuite), and be active on social media and understand it as a business tool.
- You are an Indigenous small business owner or have small business experiences that you are willing to share with participants.
- You have a good understanding of the issues facing Indigenous start-ups, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to quickly build relationships and trust with participants.
- You are able to fully commit to the Indigenous facilitator training in November and-December 2020 and have availability to deliver a One Business Program in 2021.
- You have some training, facilitating or presenting experience or if you have no training experience you are a confident speaker.
,are interested in developing a training business and have a strong willingness to learn the necessary skills and competencies,
- You have strong connections or existing networks with Indigenous businesses, communities or organisations
- You are willing to learn about and follow the needs of the role which will include some reporting, and promotion.
Interested applicants please forward your CV or Business Capability Statement with a cover letter providing details on your skills and experience for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: midnight Sunday 18 October 2020 (Qld time)
Confidential enquiries about this role can be directed to
Emma, One Business – Education Coordinator, email@example.com, 0424 156 516
To find out more, head to: https://go.tafeqld.edu.au/Advance-Queensland.html
*At this stage, we are hoping to be able to deliver face-to-face workshops and events in 2021. If COVID re-emerges we will look at online delivery options.